Mixtures, availability & prices subject to change without notice. All product are non-returnable
Opti-Lawn Plus Mixture
As the names suggests, this is an optimum mixture of the best turf grass species and varieties. A tall fescue based mix that includes at least three top rated varieties of turf type tall fescue, including a rhizomatous (spreading) type. Perennial ryegrass gives a fast start during establishment, and a top quality Kentucky bluegrass gives the added insurance of wear tolerant and dense, self-repairing sod.
Available In: 50% Rhizomatous (spreading) Turf Type Tall Fescue 50 lb bags 35% Turf Type Tall Fescue 10% Perennial Ryegrass 5% Kentucky Bluegrass
- Recommended for home lawns, golf course roughs, parks, playgrounds, sports fields, etc.
- The inclusion of rhizomatous (spreading) types tall fescue gives superior traffic and wear tolerance once established, due to its self-repairing ability
- Suitable for full sun to medium shade
- Excellent color, density, texture, and resistance to diseases and pests
- A mowing height 2-4 inches is recommended, with 3” being ideal in most situations
- A seeding rate of 6-9 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is recommended for new plantings
- For over-seeding existing stands, 3 -4 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is best
Pro-Lawn Plus Mixture
A mix for those wanting the look and feel of a traditional bluegrass lawn. If you want that dark blue/green color, dense and plush looking lawn, look no further. At least three top rated varieties of Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass for a fast start during establishment and creeping red fescue for added tolerance to drought, low fertility and shade.
Available In: 70% Kentucky Bluegrass 25 lb bags 20% Perennial Ryegrass 10% Creeping Red Fescue
- Recommended for home lawns, golf course fairways and tees, sports fields, etc.
- Suitable for full sun or light shade
- Superior sod strength, wear tolerance and early spring green-up
- A mowing height 1.5-3.5 inches is recommended, with 2.5”-3” being ideal in most situations
- A seeding rate of 4-6 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is recommended for new plantings
- For over-seeding existing stands, 2-3 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is best
Super Shade Mixture
Well suited for those shaded areas where bluegrass, and sometimes even tall fescue won’t persist long-term. Comprised of improved varieties of fine fescues and perennial ryegrass, Super Shade is slower growing and requires less fertility when compared to other cool season turf grasses. Mix 50/50 with Opti-Lawn Plus or Pro-Lawn Plus to create Sun & Shade versions of those mixes.
Available In: 20% Creeping Red Fescue 25 lb bags 20% Hard Fescue 20% Chewings Fescue 20% Sheep Fescue 20% Perennial Ryegrass
- Recommended for shade areas of home lawns, golf course roughs, parks, etc.
- Works well on low maintenance/management sites where infrequent mowing is desired.
- Suitable for deep shade to full sun, and a wide range of soil types and pH
- Well adapted to deep shade, heat, low fertility, and lower maintenance situations.
- Tolerates low cutting heights, has excellent disease resistance and forms an attractive turf
- A mowing height 1.5-3.5 inches is recommended, with 2.5” being ideal in most situations
- A seeding rate of 3-5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is recommended for new plantings
- For over-seeding existing stands, 1-3 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is best
An economically priced, low maintenance utility mix, ideal for outlying, but mowed areas. A mix similar to the OptiLawn Plus, but with older and lower cost varieties. Mix 50/50 with Super Shade for more low fertility and/or shade tolerance. Not recommended for grazing.
Available In: 70% Turf Type Tall Fescue, VNS, (no wide leaf type KY31, Fawn, etc.) 50 lb bags 20% Annual Ryegrass, VNS 5% Kentucky Bluegrass, VNS, 98/85 5% Creeping Red Fescue, VNS
- Recommended for around grain bins, barns, and machine sheds, along driveways, mowed roadsides, in golf course roughs, and other low maintenance/management areas
- Suitable for full sun to medium shade
- A mowing height 3-4 inches is recommended
- A seeding rate of 6 -9 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft., is recommended for new plantings
For over-seeding existing stands, 3 -4 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is best