Opti-Lawn Plus Mixture – Turf Grass
As the names suggests, this is an optimum mixture of the best turf grass species and varieties. A tall fescue based mix that includes four top rated varieties of turf type tall fescue, including two rhizomatous (spreading) types. Perennial ryegrass gives a fast start during establishment, and a top quality Kentucky bluegrass gives added insurance of wear tolerance and a dense, self-repairing sod.
50% Rhizomatous (spreading) Turf Type Tall Fescue—2 varieties
35% Turf Type Tall Fescue—2 varieties
10% Perennial Ryegrass
5% Kentucky Bluegrass
50 lb bags
10 lb bags
- Recommended for home lawns, golf course roughs, parks, playgrounds, sports fields, etc.
- The inclusion of rhizomatous (spreading) types tall fescue gives superior traffic and wear tolerance once established, due to its self-repairing ability
- Suitable for full sun to medium shade
- Excellent color, density, texture, and resistance to diseases and pests
- A mowing height 1.5-4 inches is recommended, with 3” being ideal in most situations
- A seeding rate of 6 -10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is recommended for new plantings
- For overseeding existing turf a rate of 3 -5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is best