Super Shade Mixture – Turf Grass
Well suited for those shaded areas where bluegrass, ryegrass, and sometimes even tall fescue won’t persist long-term. Comprised of improved varieties of fine fescues and perennial ryegrass, Super Shade is slower growing and requires low fertility when compared to other cool season turf grasses. Mix 50/50 with Opti-Lawn Plus or Pro-Lawn Plus to create Sun & Shade versions of those mixes.
20% Creeping Red Fescue
20% Hard Fescue
20% Chewings Fescue
20% Sheep Fescue
20% Perennial Ryegrass
25 lb bags
5 lb bags
- Recommended for shade areas of home lawns, golf course roughs, parks, etc.
- Works well on low maintenance/management sites where infrequent mowing is desired.
- Suitable for deep shade to full sun, and a wide range of soil types and pH
- Well adapted to deep shade, heat, low fertility, and lower maintenance situations.
- Tolerates low cutting heights, has excellent disease resistance and forms an attractive turf
- A mowing height .5-2.5 inches is recommended, with 2” being ideal in most situations
- A seeding rate of 4-6 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is recommended for new plantings
- For overseeding existing turf a rate of 2-3 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. is best